Drain Tile System Installation
A drain tile system is necessary when a structure is located on a high water table or when excess water pressure builds beneath a basement floor. Great Lakes Waterproofing’s installation of a drain tile system is the solution to address this hydrostatic (under-floor) pressure.
Crawl Space Encapsulation
Regular plastics become brittle and easily crack when they are exposed to harsh weather conditions. Great Lakes Waterproofing uses research-backed polyethylene as the base material in its crawl space encapsulation, which has a similar appearance and texture as a pool liner. This long-lasting material prevents rapid molecular breakdown and can survive wet crawl spaces in harsh Midwest temperatures. By installing two layers of polyethylene-based material that is wound with nylon, Great Lakes Waterproofing is able to extend the product’s life almost 7x greater than normally expected!
CARBON-KEVLAR STRAPS AND ANCHORS
Great Lakes Waterproofing installs Carbon-Kevlar straps that help distribute pressure and reinforce foundation walls. The Carbon-Kevlar straps are secured with top and bottom anchors that prevent any foundation wall movement.
Additional perks include:
- Epoxy Rivet Technology
- Result is stronger than original foundation wall
- Non-corrosive and non-flammable
- Manufacturer’s Lifetime Product Warranty
Elevator Pit Waterproofing
Great Lakes Waterproofing uses a higher standard than what is typically found in the industry. We identify all of the areas of water intrusion and tailor our response to address each concern. In doing so, Great Lakes Waterproofing is recognized by leading elevator manufacturers and by state inspectors as a leader in achieving solutions for elevator pit waterproofing concerns.
- Bentonite injection system to prevent water seepage through the pit walls
- Drain tile and sump pump system to address hydrostatic (under-floor) pressure
- Mortar joint and crack repair
- Stabilization and reinforcement of pit walls
- Stabilization for cracks, crevices, and weak spots in the wall
- Epoxy coating to prevent moisture/humidity build-up
Satisfied customers since 1978
A job well-done is priority #1.
Great Lakes Waterproofing is one of the largest and most dependable basement waterproofing companies serving the greater Michigan area.